The ECB CARE Team provides practical, physical and financial assistance to support spiritual needs, to both those within and outside the church.
The ECB CARE Team exists to assist the deacons and other church members with their Scriptural responsibilities to care for people in need both within ECB (our local church) and outside the local church (Proverbs 14:31; Acts 6:1-7; Galatians 6:9-10; Hebrews 13:1-3, 16; James 1:27).
As much as it is possible, we desire to give people “help that helps” and not “help that hurts.” In other words, while we want to be caring, compassionate, and generous with those in need, we also want to try to ensure that both the short-term and long-term effects of our assistance are positive in the lives of those who receive help from us. We must exercise discernment and seek wisdom from God and one another as we are called upon to help others (Proverbs 19:20, 20:18; James 1:5).
We want to allow people in need to have a part in providing solutions to their own problems (II Kings 4:1-7). We do not want to take away the dignity of anyone who seeks us out or is recommended to us by others for assistance. We do not want our assistance to them to cause them to become unduly dependent on us or others (I Thessalonians 4:11-12).
Whenever possible, we will partner with other churches, para-church organizations, NGOs, or government institutions when they have greater means or expertise than we have that would help any given person in need. When possible, we will refer people in need to other Christian organizations and/or ministries that may also be able to assist them either in the short-term or long-term.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide prayer, care, assistance, and/or support (in-kind, financial, referral, etc.) to those we are able to help
- Be wise stewards of the CARE Team budget, in order to help as many in need as possible, beginning with the household of faith
- Provide a variety of support and assistance measures
- Transparency of methods and procedures to all stakeholders
- Timely responses to those in need
- Inspire and involve our church community to personally reach out to those in various kinds of need in our midst
- Assess the needs of those asking for assistance
Please contact the Care Team for more information.